Monday, February 16, 2009

things i heart, but first purchased because of the packaging

I'm not proud of it, but I admit that I *sometimes* purchase a new product solely because of the packaging. I bought a bottle of St. Germain soon after the product launched last year because I was intrigued by their print advertising and brilliant graphic design (check out their website to see what I mean). When I picked up the bottle in person I was sold ... it's heavy and gorgeous, and it reminds me of the Guerlain Shalimar perfume my grandmother Delphine wears. I do remember thinking, well, if the liquor is horrid I can use the bottle in my bathroom for bath salts.

The elderflower liquor is my new favorite. I like it best as a "flavor shot" in plain club soda in a tall glass with ice. It's also excellent mixed with champagne, and is a great after dinner drink served straight up. Plus it looks pretty on the table.

1 comment:

Alanna said...

I'm sold! After seeing the pictures and reading your review...I must try this!