Friday, August 15, 2008

business and creative exchange


As a small business owner running a creative company, I get questions from "fans" about starting or running a business often. I try to answer as many as I can via email, but sometimes I just don't have time to get to them all.

My dear, talented friend Mel Lim gets questions all the time, too. She decided to start sharing the answers with the general public and founded BACE: Business and Creative Exchange along with her husband (also an artist), Joe Keylon. BACE's mission is "to help other aspiring start ups and designers on how to get their products launched by offering them insights to challenges and day-to-day questions faced by creatives who have all the talent in the world but no clue to running a business or launching a line."

BACE tackles issues like how to price your products, how to deal with rude buyers, how to decide if a trade show is right for you. Mel and Joe are always candid and honest, and I highly recommend BACE as required reading for anyone considering getting into the creative biz.


No comments: